Friday 6 May 2011

Brielle Madison {22 weeks}

Today was our big anatomy scan!! Even though we already knew her gender and just saw her 6 weeks ago, I was still extremely excited! With good reason too-- she really hammed it up and showed us her personality which is strikingly similar to Brenden's.... oh boy

First, her adorable little profile. She's got quite a pointy nose. I'm sure it'll turn out looking oh-so-cute though.


 Here's her hand. I'm pretty sure she had her fingers bent in this picture. They look kind of short and nubby, but several times that I saw them I saw long, beautiful fingers. The ultrasound technician kept trying to get a good picture of both of her hands for the radiologist to look at... however, Brielle was being stubborn and was hiding one of them. She was also laying in a way so that we couldn't see her heart to get those measurements. I had to get up and go pee and walk around-- once I came back she had changed positions and we were able to get those measurements. We kept poking at her to get her to move but she just wouldn't do it--- stubborn, stubborn....


Just another profile shot.


This is never my favorite picture. Why they feel inclined to print out this angle I'll never know.... I always find it a bit creepy and skeletal/Darth Vadar-esque. But, we gotta include it.


Here's her little baby foot! Her little strong baby foot. That's the foot that I feel kicking me all day long. Love it.


And last, a body profile. I asked if she was able to get a full body profile, but unfortunately she could not. At this gestational age, the baby is too big to be able to do it. I guess we got lucky with Brenden at 20 weeks... Maybe we just barely did it in time to get that full body shot.


So those are the pictures that I got of our sweet baby girl. The ultrasound tech did check between the legs to make sure nothing "new" had developed. It hadn't. She's still a girl. My insides did a celebratory dance when I saw that! Also, she's measuring pretty much dead on for 22 weeks which is just great. Her head circumference varied from 22w1d to 22w3d. Her femur measured exactly 22 weeks. We saw the 4 chambers of her heart beating perfectly. Everything looked great. She went ahead and figured the measurements out so that she could tell me how much she was weighing.... she's a whopping 1 lb and 1 oz!!! She's still got about 7 lbs to go, but she's getting there! Unfortunately, since she couldn't get the whole body in one shot she was unable to tell me a good guess as to her length. Everything online says that at 22 weeks they are about a foot long. The entire time she was wiggling around. Luckily, she was in a pretty good position, she just wouldn't lay still. The ultrasound tech had to be super quick to take the screen shot that she needed for her measurements.... several times she was too slow and Brielle wiggled and caused her to miss the shot she needed, so she'd have to try again. I was hoping she would be laid back and chill, but if today is any indicator of her personality then we're going to have our work cut out for us!!!

Just like Brenden, I was holding my breath a little bit in the days leading up to this ultrasound... you just never know what they might find. Although I won't get the "official" results until my appointment with my midwife next week, everything seemed perfect.

Of course, how could it be any different? She is our perfect little princess after all.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on all the good news! I'm very thrilled that everything is going so perfectly. You & William are making such a beautiful family together.
    I love you dearly, Mom

    ReplyDelete