Thursday 5 May 2011

Brenden's First Easter

Easter was last Sunday, and even though William was not here to celebrate with us we still made the best of it. The day started out with me making French toast for myself and Brenden. Super yummy! Brenden loves my French toast. Something about Brenden gobbling down something I make gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling. After breakfast we wandered into the living room to see what the Easter bunny left for Brenden.


His favorite was the ball. The ball is now sitting, deflated, on our porch. It was deflated within 3 days!!!! I couldn't believe it, and I'm so upset about it. Guess I'll buy a pump or a new ball. Good ole' E.B. also brough him some bubble stuff, Despicable Me on blu-ray, Baby Einstein's World of Words discovery kit, and a few little snacks. We haven't tried watching Despicable Me. Brenden isn't really a T.V. watcher at all. I guess I just buy the DVD's for when he's older.



After we were finished discovering his new stuff and playing with it, it was time to get ready for our day. I had big plans to take us to brunch on base where the Easter Bunny was making a special appearance. Brenden never got to see him due to this or that so I figured this was my last chance. Unfortunately, my car had big plans to run out of antifreeze so I did a mad dash around different stores trying to find some. Brenden was tired, which I knew, and fell asleep in the car. I took him out of the car to run into the store-- this is how he responded:

Nothing. He didn't wake up as I carried him around or put him back in the car seat. I figured brunch probably wasn't a good idea with a baby THIS tired. We went home, and he napped. Once he woke up we went to our friends' house for a big lunch followed by an Easter Egg hunt.


Brenden found 4 eggs. He would have found more, but he was happy with those four. He just popped a squat in the grass and played with them.


I finally corralled him to us, and he still just wanted to play with his eggs and other peoples'....





 He discovered a sandbox for the first time and wasn't real sure what to think. He'll probably be getting one of his own sometime in the future.



We then ate an extremely yummy lunch with some of the best ham I've ever had and a different variation of potato salad that was to die for. Yummm.  After that, Brenden played for a little while then started to get tired.....


.... so I cheered him up, took him outside, and made him get a picture with me before we left. He still wasn't a happy camper so getting a smile from him was out of the question, but at least we got a picture together on his very first Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment